Friday, July 26, 2013

Fall co-op ... do you need help?

There's still time to plan for an eight or ten week fall co-op.  All you need is a location and time to meet, a few families to join you and a theme for your co-op!  Right now I'm helping to organize three different co-ops, two for grandchildren and one for a friend.  Because I have organized and conducted co-ops for more than 20 years, helping others is not only easy, but it is also enjoyable.  If you have been wanting to be a part of a co-op, but have been afraid to get one started, message me.  I'll be glad to help via email or phone! Our website shares a little bit of information, and we'll be adding more to it in the near future:  http://bettertogethercoop.com/

We have an instruction guide to help you start a co-op as well as unit studies that are easily used in a co-op. Because I have a large family, I love having my children together in the same classes, sharing the work load with parents.  Creating a safe and friendly environment for children to share oral presentations provides
public speaking experiences that are vital to raising children who are not afraid to communicate in public! Including breakout sessions for discussion helps improve critical thinking skills, as well as teamwork.  Having children of various ages learning to work alongside and together with one another is socialization at its best!

The fall co-ops I am helping organize now are based on The American Girls books, transportation (boats, planes, cars and trains), and a co-op for teens (I will share more about teen co-ops soon).  With the advent of Pinterest, the task of finding thematic snacks, crafts, and science experiments has become much easier than before!   Take a look at the board I'm putting together for the transportation co-op:  http://pinterest.com/mamaweso/transportation-co-op/

My email is mamaweso@gmail.com.  Feel free to write with questions or suggestions.  If you want me to call you, send your phone number!!




No comments:

Post a Comment